Music Banter - View Single Post - mental health thread
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #47 (permalink)
ribbons
Music Addict

Hope everything works out well with the medication, Batlord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Liz, about the visual disturbances: do you mean visual disturbances associated with the migraine? If so, then in my humble, non-doctor opinion, an opthalmologist will not be able to help, because the visual disturbances are due to waves of neuronal activity in your occipital region of your brain and have nothing to do with your eyes.
Not just associated with the migraines, no. The visual disturbances are there much of the time – mainly blurred vision. Don’t think I have scotoma at all, but there are sort of greyish-cloudy holes where vision is obscured. Thanks for the video and extra info and recommendations, Erica. Sorry about your Mom suffering from migraines also – and your experiencing both migraine and the auras. I was thinking about perimenopause/hormonal changes, but I haven’t had any real symptoms yet. Genetically, there is no history of migraines in my family and I’m not a longtime migraine sufferer. Maybe going back about six months. I do drink one or two coffees a day and eat 70% dark chocolate occasionally – which used to help a bit, now it’s not helping as much.
ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote