Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #88 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ears View Post
Also in 1970:

Atomic Roooster and Death Walks Behind You by Atomic Rooster
Ahead Rings Out and Getting to This by Blodwyn Pig
Thank Christ for the Bomb by The Groundhogs
Man by Man (their third album)
The first Patto, Skin Alley and Wishbone Ash albums (the latter is one of the first I ever bought)
Quatermass by Quatermass, with John Gustafson on bass and vocals
The Who Live at Leeds
I've tried to keep the confines of the journal as tight as possible, otherwise it could easily balloon to huge levels and I could end up taking an age doing things. I always realized that bands such as The Groundhogs, Wishbone Ash, Blodwyn Pig and the Who could be included somewhere and if they were it would be at the expense of a more heavier band, so I had to draw a line and at the moment have expanded as much as I can, anymore and I reckon the journal could lose its focus, but I have toyed with the idea of doing some extra random section that won't upset the journal flow. For this reason, I've left off a lot of the more blues rock and progressive rock bands as the list is endless with quality albums around this time. I'm impressed with your music knowledge in that you know Patto and Skin Alley, I know those bands but I don't know Man! Atomic Rooster have already been covered in the Journal, but I agree I'd completely forgotten about Quatermass and they should've been included and I'm now working on how to include them, because that album is important.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 10-25-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote