Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #18335 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Various Artist - Girls On 45 (26 Girl Groups, Girlie Pop & Soulful Ladies From 1963 - 1968)

this is fucking awesome!....26 remastered tracks from unheard of 60 girl pop groups/singers....i've heard 6 of these tracks before finding this comp....for only 8 bucks this is probably going to be one of my favorite releases for this wonderful and highly ignored genre.....also i've been trying to find a nice ye-ye inspired silhouette design to get tattooed on me.....i'm liking the one on this cover a lot

even with all of my excitement about this wonderful new comp....it does not compare to FINALLY someone remastering and re-releasing the first two albums of my beloved Priscilla Paris

Priscilla Paris - Love, Priscilla: Her 1960s Solo Recordings

i in all honesty cannot think of any other voice in all the music i've ever heard that quite affects me the way the Priscilla Paris's voice does.....and it's been very hard for me to track down decent copies of her 3 solo albums....this is a remastered comp of her first two albums along with 8 previous unreleased tracks!.....

the first half is a wonderfully remastered copy of her first album Priscilla Sings Herself originally released in 1967 and consists of all songs penned by Mrs Paris and has some of the most heart breaking lyrics i've ever heard....along with her unique and amazingly voice these tracks reach deep into your soul and torments you with songs of love and despair....with some super groovy musical accompaniment (seriously some of the music for these tracks is so strangely upbeat when compared with the despair of the lyrics)

the second half is her sophomore release Priscilla Loves Billy...which is a silly play on Billie....as the album is a tribute/cover album of Priscilla's favorite Billie Holiday songs....i honestly thing few people could ever match Holidays amazing throaty vocals....Priscilla is right on key....while adding her own playfulness she really sticks to the tradition that Miss Holiday brought to music and jazz in particular.....these tracks are as hip as they come....the lyrics are wonderful (DUH! they're fucking Billie Holiday songs!)....the music if flirty, playful and just damn right cool daddy-o.....and Priscilla singing them makes me wish i had a girl to slow dance with all night on an empty low lite dance floor which is covered with balloons
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote