Music Banter - View Single Post - the official **** the vikings thread
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #142 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
Ponder had the highest red zone efficiency from last year until 3 weeks ago. Just saying.

Anyways, the Vikings will need to split with Chicago and Green Bay to win 9 or more IMO, but the run d is nonexistent right now, and Ponder is just so conservative, he dumps the ball off into the flats or way short to Percy, which is fine if he has games like the first 4 weeks, but that's not going to happen if the D can predict what he's going to do. I'll give him this year and probably next year, because frankly he has the ability to be awesome, he's extremely athletic and he has a strong and is generally accurate.

To be honest, the short throws are the product of the system he's in. The Vikings have been running a West Coast passing scheme since Childress was HC. Granted, Favre had a ton of success in the WCO in 09-10, but it is an outdated system, even if it is a compliment to the Vikings' style of play.
Huh?
He took 6 or 7 shots downfield, and plenty more that weren't in the flat. The short throw is where his accuracy falters, he made some great completions yesterday, especially the TD fade to harvin.

It takes the average QB 4 years before they really are done developing. I got my deep ball yesterday, I'm more reassured of Ponder than that WIN over Arizona thats for sure.

We focus on wide receivers over the off season and we should be a lot stronger.

I like Bill Musgrave's play calling. Before Musgrave Harvin wasn't even on the field more than half the time, now he's about to get MVP. He can't call whatever he likes when he has a depleted receiver core and a shaky, young QB with the confidence of a Japanese school girl. This team is going to be a 2-3 year rebuilding process. Your going to turn the corner a little bit, then falter, then turn the corner some more.

Vikings football is playing as underdog, we never do good when were supposed to. I think thats why we come away with a couple upsets late in the year, but not quite enough for the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Limb View Post
What was that? Standings? Oh, I thought that was supposed to help them beat Tampa. Guess not
noice one brah!
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote