Music Banter - View Single Post - The Final Sound
Thread: The Final Sound
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #79 (permalink)
Zer0

A Small Selection Of Songs I've Been Enjoying A Lot Lately

Because music can be quite good sometimes.

Yppah - 'Never Mess With Sunday'

From one of my favourite albums of the year so far, Eighty One. This whole album is amazing from start to finish but I guess there has to be one track that stands out somewhat. This track uses simple yet memorable keyboard lines, a wash of floaty synths and some guitar to create a brilliant electronic tune. Infectious stuff.

Blonde Redhead - '23'

Not sure why I'm only getting into these guys now despite being aware of them for years (feel free to slap me in the face), I really should have sooner because they're right up my alley. This is the opening track from their 2007 album also called 23. This is the kind of shit I lap up in abundance; dreamy, female-fronted indie rock.

Unwound - 'Demons Sing Love Songs'

The band's final album Leaves Turn Inside You has quickly become a firm favourite of mine. This track seems oddly familiar to me, almost like I heard it somewhere years ago, but it's probably because this song has forgotten indie classic written all over it. It's probably the most melodic song on the album and it's certainly the most beautiful and unforgettable.

The Sundays - 'Wild Horses'

Oh dear, The Sundays have stolen my mind and I wont give it back. I think I have a new favourite female vocalist, Harriet Wheeler makes my heart melt. I've been listening to their debut album Reading, Writing and Arithmetic on repeat for the past couple of months and I wont be stopping any time soon. Their follow-up album Blind isn't quite as good but this song, a Rolling Stones cover included as a bonus track on the album, is devastatingly beautiful.