Music Banter - View Single Post - The Knitting Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

I was just skimming MusicBanter to see what's new, when I realized, "Hey! There's a knitting thread!! Isn't this the coolest place?!?"

So thank you for starting one, Dayvan.

What you say about men knitting is so true! One of my family friends was a professional bricklayer who did some brickwork in the city where I live. He was also a knitter. He knit my mom a really lovely, multicolored hat. I was impressed and amused, because I didn't expect a bricklayer to be such a good knitter. He was a very good knitter.

As for me, around seven years ago I purchased knitting needles to try my hand at knitting, but I never got good enough to actually *make* anything. I'm impressed by all that counting of stitches that knitters do, but I think that counting also scares me off from the activity. It starts to sound like work, and I'm afraid I'll lose track of my stitches!

If I *do* eventually knit, I think I will concentrate on circular scarves, like this one:

^ Circular scarves are very practical, because they never fall off and you can use part of the scarf as a hat.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote