Music Banter - View Single Post - Rabbiting On: Big Ears' Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 03:15 AM   #32 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Nice review, but I still haven't heard Snakes and Ladders, but I remember being let down by Vapour Trails, the production was just so loud, in relation to the singing and playing.

It's good to hear your experiences about these bands when you heard them for the first time back in the 1970s. Most of these bands I heard about in the 1980s. In the case of Rush, I always as a kid thought they must've been a heavy metal band Because at the time as you probably know, most headbangers would be walking around with denim jackets with those sew-in type badges covering the jacket with stuff like Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Whitesnake and the Scorpions etc, and quite often I'd see a Rush badge. So when I first heard a Rush song around 83/84 It was "The Body Electric" from Grace Under Pressure and I quickly realized that they weren't a metal band. I much later discovered about their hard rock and progressive roots.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote