Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #12416 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Instant Netflix has been recommending that movie to me for ages, I may have to finally break down and watch it, once I get Xbox Live Gold and can start watching Netflix on my TV again.

Anyhow I watched this last night

Evolution (2001)

Ivan Reitman has an interesting career because there's a couple of films by him we all love to point out as comedic classics, but then there's films like Kindergarden Cop and Junior that we like to make excuses for by saying how he directed Ghostbusters and Stripes. I'm not sure where Evolution sits on this list, at times its got some really funny parts and David Duchovny and Orlando Bloom have a really good chemistry together, but there are some really unsubtle symbolism and themes that seem kind of preachy at times that I never really noticed until last night. By the end I was just kind of looking forward to the movie being over, which is a bummer because this has always been one of those films I liked to tout as an underrated gem from the early '00's and one of the better sci-fi comedies. Still if you're a fan of Ghostbusters and Men in Black then you'll probably get a few laughs out of this.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote