Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #12420 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric generic View Post
I remember going into that with really low expectations and saying afterwords: "That was actually pretty awesome".
Yeah it's definitely a better movie if you severely lower your expectations, but this is the guy who directed Ghostbusters so the idea that I have to lower my expectations for one of his movies is kind of ludicrous to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I felt the same way about that movie. It was entertaining but not great, basically Ghostbusters with aliens instead of ghosts. The thing that saves it for me, as you mentioned, is the chemistry between the actors. Not just Duchovny and Bloom, but all of them really seemed like they were having a good time filming with each other and that translates into it being fun to watch.
They all did have a good chemistry, but I think it took them a little too long to fully team up so Duchovny and Bloom stand out the most as they were together the entire movie. Sean William Scott was a pretty good character even if he was a little one-note, but given this was only 2-years after American Pie it's hard to begrudge him for not being as good as he was in later movies like Goon (2011).
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote