Music Banter - View Single Post - Lil Reese beats up girl.
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #63 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
I'd remind you when most people say they support "non-violence", in this culture, they're lying. What most people consider as violence is only that which falls outside the intersection of officially sanctioned violence & popularly supported violence.

Calling the police on someone is an act of violence, incarcerating someone is an act of violence, and taxation is an act of violence. What differentiates these from smacking girls is the level of popularity of each & the lack or presence of official sanctioning.

Hierarchy is based on inequality of power and the greater the hierarchy, the greater the inequality. In other words, hierarchy is based on violence & the threat of violence.

Now, yes, there is a dialectic between compassion & terror in such hierarchys; however, what you're ignoring is that the compassion was community specific, and that the notion of compassion for everyone the world over is entirelly new and rooted in Christian superstition.
The difference is that power structures based on some threat of violence reinforce society, whereas allowing anybody with bigger muscles to pick on the weak undermine society. I mean...duh.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote