Music Banter - View Single Post - The Worst Possible Movie Thing Has Happened
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 05:39 PM   #49 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I'm going to agree with Conan on this one. At least The Phantom Menace attempted to keep a consistent feel with the original trilogy. II and III just felt like "look at this EYYE CANNDYYY". Maybe that would have been ok also if it weren't for Hayden Christenson. Every time I see the new ones I think "ok...maybe I was hard on it last time. Maybe his acting isn't so bad." No. It's worse every time. He does have a pretty mean looking stare, though. Redeeming qualities about the original trilogy: Liam Neeson as a Jedi, Ewan McGregor playing Obi Wan (he was born to play a young Obi Wan), and a Yoda lightsaber battle. Things I really can't get over: Anakin's transition to the dark side and Padme losing the will to live. JESUS woman, you just had kids! Both of those things could have been avoided with half decent writing.
I thought Revenge of the Sith was the most like the original trilogy, and the most like the kind of prequel I had always wanted to see since first hearing rumors about them as a kid in the 80s. To me Phantom Menace felt the least consistent with the originals

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
As for George messing with the originals...I actually don't mind it. I just wish he was consistent. Why would Hayden pop up all young and then Obi Wan is still old? I'd be pissed.

Ok, that being said...this Disney thing could be good or bad. They might make better movies (in which case, cool...more Star Wars). Or they might make it horrible, which would be even worse than the prequels. With the prequels, the original trilogy couldn't really be screwed up. We knew the prequel story, only now we just saw how it went down. If it was good or bad, it didn't really matter. It all led up to the same thing. With new movies, though, now they have the potential to completely **** with a story that I think ended great.
I definitely agree with the bolded.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote