Music Banter - View Single Post - How do you feel about this?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
Yeah, but then which foods do you decide people can and can't have? Where do you draw the line as to what is excessive? Is it a price range for the item? What if it's on sale?

Also, it would probably cost more tax money for the system/the effort to decide what is/isn't excessive.

Maybe just make sure these people are actually trying to get a job. I think the welfare itself just needs to be cracked down on. They should have to go to the workforce center every day except for weekends. I know I got ****ing sick and tired of going to the WFC even once or twice a week when I was on EBT.
Agreed. I think most states have fairly strict unemployment benefit systems now. Food stamps are food stamps. Why should the government pay employees to monitor the spending of food stamps? The cost/benefit ratio would just get even more ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnels View Post
I don't think that this illustrates abuse as much as it illustrates irresponsibility or just plain stupidity. As someone whose family has been on stamps for a few years now, I can tell you that that person went hungry later that month. We made 12K last year and get around $150 a month in stamps. So I guess we could be gluttons for a day and buy steak and lobster, but then we wouldn't get any more money until next month.
Sounds like y'all should start cooking meth. Just as a side income generator (tax-free until the US acknowledges that its War On Drugs is a complete disaster).