Music Banter - View Single Post - 25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #163 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldPo View Post
I love Gavin Bryars. That hobo song "Jesus' Blood Never failed Me" Blew me the **** away one night on a soft couch stoned.
I still haven't heard that one. Been meaning to though since it's the other half of the the release that contains the 1975 version of "The Sinking of the Titanic".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
What can I say? I'm speechless (that doesn't happen often!) --- this is the end? What an amazing conclusion, and as always written with a descriptive flair to rival some of the best writers, and with a real sense of humanity and loss. Totally wonderful, and the image of the lone woman calmly loading in samples to be fired out at space so that our civilisation, though dead, lives on in some way, is just amazing, tragic, poetic and stunning.

I will have to listen to that album, but as you say, best done when you can set the time aside to immerse yourself in it. It sounds incredible.

What happens now? Is this the end of this journal? If so, you couldn't have written a better epitaph. But I hope somehow it'll morph, change into something else, as we've all grown used to seeing it here, and somehow the journal section won't be the same without it.

Double bravo, man.
Thanks TH! I'm flattered... and probably blushing a little.

As far as the future of this journal goes, I'm not sure. I have some ideas, but this is certainly the end of the story.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote