Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #10617 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Well damn, that sounds exactly like something someone who uses private insurance would say! I'm even more confused! Which is better?!? Guaranteed, prompt health care, or health care you "hope" will be able to sufficiently cover you?

Dunno if I should pay for the options I want, or let the government decide those options and just cross my fingers that those options work for me.
Haha! I have no idea what private health insurance is like, so I can't make that comparison. I will say though, that many employers offer extra benefits that allow you to get a private hospital room and personal care assistants. Not sure if insurance companies offer plans like that. But even a semi-private room is better than not being cared for at all. I think people get the wrong idea of what healthcare is like here. It is prompt, and excellent. When I had a bad bout of appendicitis, I was taken in immediately before anybody else, because they triage ER patients. It works the same way in the US too.

If you want healthcare options that go way above and beyond what is already available to you, yeah, you have to shell out a lot of money to get what you want - at least here, because there are very few things that AREN'T covered by universal healthcare. Dental care, vision care (except if you have a "pre-existing condition"), elective plastic surgery to name a few.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote