Music Banter - View Single Post - Bob Dylan
Thread: Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #595 (permalink)
Chives
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
Just got back from seeing Mr. Dylan in concert. It started out great with mark knopfler opening. Then he came out and played with Dylan for a couple tunes. Did some guitar playing in "girl from the north country" which was really good. Best songs of the night for me were "tangled up in blue", "lovesick" and "all along the watchtower". He played "blowin in the wind", "ballad of a thin man", "hard rains a gonna fall", "like a rolling stone", "things have changed". A few new songs as well.

He spent most of the night on the piano. He would go to the front of the stage, sing and play harmonica every now and then. He surprisingly could hold some notes and stretch his voice out a lot better than I expected. It was great.

I've seen him twice and this show definitely takes th cake, but that probably has something to do with me sitting fifth row this time.
Man, this sounds awesome. I've never really gotten into live music before but hearing stuff like this makes me want to give it a go. At least see Dylan before he stops touring for whatever reasons.

I finally got a vinyl copy of Blood on the Tracks today. It sounds very nice but I haven't sat down and really focused on the lyrics yet so I don't think I get it quite yet. I like it, though.

Also, Under the Red Sky was so boring I stopped halfway through. So yeah, I'm skipping ahead to the next album...