Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Not Digging
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #371 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankycaaant View Post
I've never understood the universal acclaim and following Neurosis have going.
I listened to the painfully mediocre 'A Sun That Never Sets' and when I revealed it as such, I was hounded by my fellow forum members.
Can someone explain to me what is so great about this band? Is there something I don't understand?
Granted I have only listened to one of their albums, but it didn't exactly entice me to pick up any others.
And, I don't have the patience to repeatedly listen to it hundreds of times in the hope that I may click.
Clichéd responses like 'its a grower' and 'no you're wrong, it's really good' will not be given any merit. Someone please explain to me what they specifically like about this group, droney vocalist and all.
I like them because they make albums that are incredibly vast and powerful and they do so in way that is distinctly their own. When I'm the mood for Neurosis no other band will do. For me a lot of it has to do with the interlocking rhythms and intense dynamics. Those are two of my favorite things in music, and that's probably why they click with me so much.

That said, Neurosis is the kind of band you either like or you don't like. If they don't click with you I doubt anything I can say would change your mind.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote