Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 12:08 AM   #12464 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoskeletal View Post

Again, boring for the first third of the film but I REALLY enjoyed the last part of the film including the famous burning scene. Definitely more of a suspense movie than a classic horror but it was disturbing enough for me to enjoy it. I also couldn't tell it was Christopher Lee until the very end. I'm used to seeing him with white hair and a long beard.
Ahh how I love this movie It is directly linked to the electric folk movement in Britain when bands like Fairport Convention, The Incredible String Band, Pentangle and numerous others revived a romantic interest in all things Albion. To me, there's not a dull moment in this film, but I also love the soundtrack for this one and will happily sing along to some of the songs.

However, you have to be careful with whatever version you watch of this one because if you watch the theatre version (which is something like 11 minutes shorter than the director's cut version), the movie no longer makes sense at all. How I hate it when they do that to movies. The version you want to see is of course the ~100 minutes long Director's Cut version.

Unfortunately, the raw footage from this movie was lost in a fire so we'll never see a rerelease .. what a tragedy!