Music Banter - View Single Post - What's All The Fuss About ______ Movie/Book/Game?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
One that I can't quite get around is LOST IN TRANSLATION. Bill Murray is about as awesome as they come. Scarlet Johansson is a bombshell. This movie was tedious and slow moving. It seemingly had no plot either, but people seem to think this movie is a revelation. I just can't comprehend what made this movie so popular. Obviously there must be some hidden meaning or plot line I missed. I'd watch it again if there was even one redeeming quality in it besides the actors.
It's more of a "Feeling" movie. Kind of a bitter sweet feeling. I'm one of those people that like it.

The Twilight series.

My daughter read all three (3?) books and gushed about them when she was in high school. I watched all three movies, and didn't really "get" what all the hype was about. Now that my daughter is going on 19, she's got the attitude of "Why did I like that stupid crap?". I'm thinking she's coming around. This is coming from a girl who liked Brit Spears and Jeff Beck equally when she was about 8.