Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #8754 (permalink)
dankrsta

Kabyzdoh Obtruhamchi - Estcho (2009)

This, kind of hard to pronounce name, is a Russian one man project, that I've been listening to quite a bit these past months, always returning to it. So it's safe to say it's quite addictive to me. If I have to classify it, it's a kind of free folk, freak-folk, psychedelic drone etc with an eastern European twist. This kind of music can be pretty hit or miss, ranging from death of boredom to extreme bliss. Well, this is the latter. When it hits, it really hits.

I don't really have an inspiration to describe the music right now, so I'll quote a small text from discogs.
Quote:
His music is a thankful surprise with its sky-rending hybridization of eastern european guitar spree & 70s snowdazed modal folkrock. Resonant drums burst through the giant aluminum churn of guitar, voice, and percussion arcing overhead. Dancing between poles of hot motion & cool mass, Sergey’s impressively energetic numbers establish themselves long enough to each become deeply meaningful, essential scenes in his pan shamanic expression.
"Viva Piskadero!" is a nice illustration (and my favorite track)