Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #1585 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Meh, maybe Nsync was a bit harsh, but they're definitely not a rock band. I did say, if you check, that they're not a boyband but to me they SOUND like one. Tracks like "Tiptoe", "Every night" and "Underdog" just scream commercial pop crap. I only mentioned this because the poster I mentioned in the intro was going on so much about these guys being the second coming, and I was unimpressed, let's say.

You're right though: if it's poppy I have a hard time properly categorising it, but tracks on this definitely reminded me of what I heard when I did my special on boybands. Maybe not Nsync, maybe more Westlife. Anyway I didn't like it, though the closer is growing on me. Just thought they were pretty average, and no way on earth I'd call them arena-rock, or indeed any other kind of rock. Don't get the hype, I just don't. Still, as I say, my not liking them will hardly stand in the way of their making it.