Music Banter - View Single Post - Songs you discovered while watching a movie.
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 04:58 AM   #127 (permalink)
miettesbrainchild
Groupie

Wow - there seems to be a wealth of great, great stuff to plough through here.

Anyway - one piece of music that everyone's heard, and has almost become a cult classic is that piece from Requiem for a dream (you know the one). The thing is, much later I was introduced to the composer, Arvo Part through a classical musician. He's done some awesome stuff which surpasses that 'Requiem' track - one of which appeared on the 'There Will Be Blood' soundtrack (one of them - I think there were 2 soundtracks):

Arvo Part - Fratres For Cello And Piano - YouTube

Speaking of which, Johnny Greenwood's soundtrack to that film was really a turnout for the books. Yes, he ripped off Messiaen - but the result was astounding nonetheless:

Jonny Greenwood - There Will Be Blood - YouTube

On another note - having become a David Lynch film, I've been continuously impressed with the work of Angelo Badalamenti - the chap who does almost all of the soundtracks for his works. Worth checking out if you haven't:

Laura Palmer's Theme - Angelo Badalamenti (Twin Peaks OST) - YouTube

On a final note - before I shut up, I REdiscovered Rodrigo Y Gabriela through rewatching 'Breaking Bad' recently. I've since decided they're the best thing since sliced bread - and will probably continue to believe as much for a month, then go off them completely - one of those passing fads - but enjoy it while it lasts.....:

Rodrigo Y Gabriela - Live In Japan - Tamacun - YouTube

That is all! (For now...)
miettesbrainchild is offline   Reply With Quote