Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite 60's metal song?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #18 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
Without a doubt. You take any one of these songs and then put on the title track of their first album and it'll just blow any of them away. Nobody before Sabbath was doing anything like that. I know a lot of people will say that Sabbath wasn't metal, I would disagree. They weren't just heavy blues rock, I've heard that and Sabbath sounds completely different.
I wasn't saying that Black Sabbath's material was better than the examples above, I was saying that they were really the first bona-fide metal band and had everything that people associate with metal. The other bands above were mostly playing a very loud blues rock, psychedelic or acid rock. Like most bands of the time, Sabbath had a noticeable blues slant but that was balanced out with the components crucial to metal at that time.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote