Music Banter - View Single Post - Mass murderer complains of a cold cell!!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
... It's so hard to learn about these people (sociopaths) since by nature, they hide their dysfunction, and the only time we ever really can say with certainty that someone is a sociopath is when they commit crimes like this. So, I think it would be in our best interest to study these people so that we can better arm ourselves against them, and even possibly learn to recognize them when they are young.
I thought about that too, but wouldn't it turn out to be something like Minority Report, where a person is apprehended before a crime was ever committed? What happens if they figure statistically certain music and certain video games fit their criteria or MO, then they can haul off some kid to an institution because of his taste in music?

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote