Music Banter - View Single Post - Mass murderer complains of a cold cell!!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

To be honest, in a way having had him committed would have been better, because he definitely didn't want that. He actually WANTED to be executed, but (Tore can correct me if I'm wrong) seems Norway has no death penalty? But he really believed himself sane, and being found insane would have really hurt him and troubled him more. Problem is, although that would have angered him, it would also have angered the relatives of the dead, because being locked up in a loony bin is not seen really as any sort of punishment, though I have no experience of such. It doesn't seem as unremittingly hopeless as jail (should be) though.

I guess Norwegian people are just too nice, but the warders should all get together and fill his cell from top to bottom with butter while he's out for his one-hour exercise break. And jam his TV onto a history channel doc about the holocaust or something, then "not hear him" when he screams for it to be changed.

OT: Tore, does "Lilyhammer", if you've seen it, accurately portray Norwegian life at all?