Music Banter - View Single Post - What's All The Fuss About ______ Movie/Book/Game?
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 12:04 AM   #19 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
I tend to look at the movie as a buildup to better things. Its a slow maturation of a guy on the edge of insanity. I like the choice of scenery, the creepy feel of the Hotel. It also relys on one of the greatest actors of that era to carry it and I think Nicholson does a very great job at it. I also liked the vulnerability of Shelley Duvall whom I thought also played the part very well. I've always been a huge fan of Kubrick also and I think he really tends to drive character development into your head like a nail.

I really enjoyed the book also King can really weave a tale and make it harrowing. I would implore you to read the book it moves along at a greater pace then Kubricks film and I think King really gets at the heart of the demise of his sanity. Definitely give it a go I think you would find it an enjoyable ride.

*DRIVE*

I honestly put this movie on thinking this gonna be great. Gosling has been phenomenal in a couple movies I really enjoyed. I found it to be a plot that seemingly goes nowhere. I didn't feel compelled to care about the characters in any sense. What did you find compelling about the movie? Explain to me why it deserves such praise. What did I miss personally from this movie to make me go back and retrace my steps and discover what is so interesting about it?

Good idea for a thread Vanilla.
Well I will definitely get the book to read as you've suggested because I might find that I enjoy it more. And thanks I just felt a strong urge to debate hehe.

Girls, what the feck is so tear inducing about the Notebook? I found it cheesy, non moving and unrelatable.

I must be the only girl that couldn't get into it!