Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 06:46 AM   #21263 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Earlier this week I had a brief, unpleasant encounter with a stranger in a pub. He started talking to me and others at our table and was incoherently rambling. He proceeded to tell us certain things about himself, such as that he doesn't agree with mixed-race relationships and gay marriages. I really do not enjoy meeting people with such opinions.

Last night I went to a friends wedding. She's gay and has been so excited about her wedding for months now. Every day seems as though as it must feel like Chriistmas Day to her and she is such a ball of positive energy. I love that about her. She and her girlfriend look great together, they really seem to love each other, they both share this goofy sense of humour that I think is great. I was watching them yesterday, cutting the cake and pausing to do the 'Stab with knife' pose for the camera's, changing out of heels into white trainers to dance together, dancing with each other, talking and laughing with each other and amongst their guests while looking completely, utterly happy with one another.

All I could think about was that ****ing guy in the pub and everyone like him. People who think that claiming homosexuality is unnatural and counter-productive in this day and age are ignoring the one thing that actually is relevant, which is allowing people the right to be happy and maybe even being able to share that with them.

EDIT: This should probably be the bitch box but screw it, it's in here now.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote