Music Banter - View Single Post - Need advice - guitar toggle switch...
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Edgukator
Groupie

Default Need advice - guitar toggle switch...

I've got a bit of a strange question. I recently bought a new guitar (Gibson Les Paul Studio) and even though I tested it out in the store, one thing I didn't think about was the toggle switch.

My previous guitar was an epiphone, and the toggle switch was at the bottom of the guitar with the volume knobs - the Gibson has the toggle switch at the top of the guitar just at the neck.

Now, I tend to play my guitar in treble with the bass volume knob off - two reasons - so I can use the toggle as a vibrato and because we're trying to keep me in a certain space in the mix when we play.

Here's the problem. Because I tend to strum close to the neck, I've started to accidentally cut my own guitar when we play.

Aside from strum closer to the bridge, how else could I solve this problem? Yeah, I know, I should really just learn to play rhythm differently, but failing that would there be a way like replacing the toggle with a different toggle that I could try - without taking a power saw to a guitar I'm already kind of fond of (not to mention financially attached to)?
Edgukator is offline   Reply With Quote