Music Banter - View Single Post - Depression and suicide
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #450 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjinn View Post
People who commit suicide have serious mental issues. Capiche. It has nothing to do with being a coward. Do you actually think any "normal" person could counteract their most fundamental basic instinct by saying "oh I'm scared"? That takes a hell of a lot of mental overpowering, and fear is about survival.

I don't understand how you can think actually committing suicide is a call for attention? Does that even make any sort of sense?
I've always thought that the notion of people that commit suicide as being cowardly, to be a totally ridiculous comment. The thought of a sane person doing the act is terrifying alone and far from being cowardly! A person with mental issues, is not even going to be thinking as a sane person would, so bravery and cowardice doesn't even enter into the equation here. I guess that a terminally ill person that wants to commit suicide, still has to find a huge amount of bravery to go through with it and again it's far from a cowardly act.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History