Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #21292 (permalink)
FETCHER.
Nae wains, Great Danes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
I just had the most amazing day. I just had a day much like, I believe it was Rezz, posted about a little while back.

I had two wedding parties to go to this weekend. There was a girl I got talking to at the first one, briefly, then she had to leave early. I turned up for the second one and I noticed her there as well. This was quite strange considering the people getting married are not mutual friends, they don't know each other, and so I wasn't going with the same circle of friends to each party. Anyway, I got talking to her again and never have I felt such an instant connection to someone before.

That may sound rather silly, I don't know, and I don't mean to appear naive or that *I am exaggerating anything but basically, I don't often make connections with people I meet and so this kind of shocked me. I don't know if I have or even buy into the theory of a "dream girl" but I've got to say that if you forced me to list some qualities she would have, this girl I met would tick rather a lot of these boxes. Neither of us knew many people there so we quickly attached ourselves to each other and began talking and I don't think I have ever learned so much about someone so quickly before.

She has a fantastic sense of humour that she said has often landed her in trouble when people don't know she's joking (something I know a lot about), loves football and spent a good ten minutes explaining to me why my team are doing so poorly this season, loves music and plenty of heavy metal (her favourite bands are Isis and Neurosis, the last album she bought was the new Godspeed You! Black Emperor LP which I bought too, the album shes listening to most at the moment is Eddie Vedder's Into The Wild OST which Last.FM tells me is my third most played, and she likes Electric Wizard, Cult of Luna and plenty of other awesome bands I don't often get to talk to people about), we both have just one, older sibling, we both lost a friend this year under the same circumstances, we both think Stephen Fry is pretty much the greatest man on Earth and talking to her felt very comfortable, as if I were talking to someone I have known my entire life.

We talked throughout the night until the reception was over then we went to her hotel room and we stayed up all night and talked into the early morning. She seems rather spontaneous, which I also like, and around 5am she told me to take her somewhere important to me. I didn't really know how to react at first but after a few seconds contemplation I took her here, as it is a place I used to go to occasionally when I was younger and wanted to be alone. It was obviously bloody freezing so we took some blankets and walked up and sat at the monument which, in the daybreak, has a much more attractive view than I had realised, and listened to some music, looked at the stars and talked some more.

Afterwards we went for a walk and ducked into a nearby pub for a drink and by this time it was noon and she had to leave. I saw her into a taxi and she went to spend a few more hours with her family before she leaves because, as incredible a person as she seems, she was born here but now lives in Germany and says she has no plans to come back.

Now I'm left with the strangest feeling because I'm talking about someone I saw for the very first time less than 48 hours ago and someone I have only really known for less than 24 hours, yet it kinda feels like I've been kicked in the gut.
God, that's plain shyte to be honest. I feel slightly envious tbh because I don't ever 'connect' with anyone regardless of how long I've known them. It just doesn't happen.

What is the chances of having a long distance 'whateveritisthatisgoingon'? Because I think you deserve it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.

Last edited by FETCHER.; 11-12-2012 at 12:14 PM.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote