Music Banter - View Single Post - Guitar Wolf
Thread: Guitar Wolf
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2004, 09:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
jibber
Freeskier

Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...
Default Guitar Wolf

Guitar Wolf is a japanese metal band that I just found out about. They have talent, but that's not why I like them, it's really only because they're so hilarious. The members of the band are called Guitar Wolf (guitarist and lead singer), Bass Wolf (bassist) and Drum Wolf (drummer). They're lyrics are so funny that it makes them great, like almost an entire chorus of just the words "blood blood burning blood". They've appeared in two movies, "Sore Losers" and "Wild Zero". I've only seen wild zero, but it was the most hilarious movie I've ever seen in my entire life. The villain in the movie is a japanese, shady businessman who wears short-shorts that wouldn't look out of place on a girl in a rap video. The movie starts out with Guitar Wolf in a heated discussion with the villain, and a die-hard Guitar Wolf fan listening outside the door. When the villain declares that Rock and Roll is dead, the fan jumps in the room and shouts "Rock and Roll will never die!" something that angers the villain enough to shoot the fan and run off. Guitar Wolf (the guitarist of the band) calls an ambulance for the young fan, and places a cut in both of their hands, and by mixing their blood, makes the fan his lifetime "rock and roll blood brother". before leaving the fan in the care of the paramedics, he gives him a magic whistle to be blown if he ever needs help. Years later, the young fan is shown driving his mo-ped into a gas station, where he meets a young girl and falls in love with her, days later, angry zombies arive on earth and begin a killing spree. The fan and the love of his life blockade themseleves in an abandoned building to get away from the zombies. In this moment, it is revealed that the beautiful girl who won the heart of the young fan is in fact, a guy. This realization causes the fan to run into the next room, screaming and horrified. Confused about his love for who he now knows to be another guy, and terrified of the zombies outside, he imagines that his hero, guitar wolf, is here to give him advice. The image of guitar wolf appears and says to him "love has no boundaries, age, or genders. DO IT!!!" at this moment, the zombies break into the next room, and he hears terrified screams coming from the girl/guy that he loves more than anything. Unfortunately, I had to leave at this point in the movie, but my friend told me that the fan blew his magic whistle and the members of Guitar Wolf came to his aid, killing the zombies with electric bolts shot out of the guitars, and razor-sharp guitar picks used as throwing knives. Also, apparently towards the end of the movie, UFO's filled with hostile aliens attack the earth, and Guitar Wolf fight the UFO's with their electric-bolt-shooting guitars, razored guitar picks, and super-strong, super-sharp swords pulled from out of the neck of the guitarists guitar.

I really doubt that anyone else has heard of this band, but I just thought I'd share the hilarity of "Wild Zero", cause I sure got a lot of laughs out of it.
What you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do -- especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.
William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways

Your toughest competitor lives in your head. Some days his name is fear, or pain, or gravity. Stomp his ass.

HOOKED ON THE WHITE POWDER
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote