Music Banter - View Single Post - Mylo Xyloto - What Happened To Coldplay?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
DanAbnormal
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
The worst part is I actually enjoyed actually liking a radio friendly rock band, and furthermore I liked defending Coldplay when people down talked them.
I feel your pain.
Quote:
Oh well, three more years I suppose.
I agree with your opinions of all the albums, though I feel like they're not gonna redeem themselves and are only gonna go downhill from now, cos I think they've just lost interest in making albums like A Rush Of Blood now.

I'm actually part of a Coldplay forum (yeah yeah, laugh) and Mylo Xyloto is nearly always a topic of satire, but the discussion always meddles down to this: Coldplay have said that this is the first time they were genuinely happy and confident with something they put out. (I forgot the article I read this from but I can find it and send it to you if you want) Would you rather have a band put out something that we, and most other REEL ALTERNATIVE RAWK fans are content with, or would you rather the band be happy with themselves and the art they create?

Quote:
Okay, A Rush of Blood To The Head was absolutely brilliant so why is it that a group who are receiving critical acclaim and multi-platinum sales would dumb down their music for commercial appeal?
If you think about it, you just argued against your own argument: you'd rather them create something that they wouldn't have all their passion in, for the sake of pleasing an audience, which is the exact definition of selling out. Pretty philosophical stuff hah
DanAbnormal is offline   Reply With Quote