Music Banter - View Single Post - Hey!
Thread: Hey!
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Epsilon, I recommend that you present your "best" songs to the public at large by selecting your favorite four songs and putting up an EP rather than a full-length album on iTunes.

I also recommend that you ask friends, family, and strangers to tell you which four songs they like best (and why). Then you can consider if their choices match yours and make your final decision yourself.

If your goal is to have people pay, download, and listen to your music, then I feel it would be best to find out which of your songs people seem to like the most.

^ Of course, I know nothing about the iTunes route of sharing one's music, but my response is my "gut" feeling. Above, I posted the song of yours that I like the most. I recommend this one be among the four. If you return, I will tell you why I like it in preference to the others.

In answer to your question, I do make tunes, but completely differently than you do, I think. I use vibration-based instruments that I record while playing them. I think your music is completely computer-based, correct? A disadvantage of my method is that it severely limits the time one can spend recording, since recording is difficult to do when one has little alone-time. So I try to stop myself from bursting with all the songs inside by letting some of my passion for music seep out in MusicBanter posts.

See you in four months!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote