Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite love song?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 10:52 PM   #668 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Sweet - "Love is Like Oxygen"

I can't believe I haven't posted this sweet "Sweet" song yet in the thread! This was the first love song that really hit me, making me realize as a kid that there was some aspect of love I didn't yet understand fully...something that made people yearn (for more than their mom when homesick! ).

I have a strong memory of standing in my parents' bedroom where the radio was...I think my brother was listening to it...when this song came on. I listened, I really listened, transfixed by the lyrics and the mournful sound of the sad part contrasting with the power of the rock sections.

I realized that the song was more than just music: it was about some deeper emotion. It made me wonder, *is* love like oxygen? *Can* people exist without it? What happens to them when they do? And then I felt sorry for the poor guy who was missing someone he loved.

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 11-14-2012 at 11:09 PM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote