Music Banter - View Single Post - Muse
Thread: Muse
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #897 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newkie View Post
It seems to be a big thing among music critics and fans to say "I loved their early stuff, but after (insert commercially successful album here) they sold out/lost their roots/or just plain sucked" and I'm usually pretty critical of those kind of responses.

But for me, that's exactly how I feel about Muse. Origin of Symmetry was an absolutely class album, with probably my favourite song-plug in baby. By the point of Black Holes and revelations they still had real quality-Assasain and Knights of Cydonia are in my top 5 Muse songs, but it had some questionable songs in Starlight and Supermassive black hole. Since then, they've been absolutely terrible in my opinion.
I thought Knights Of Cydonia was a spaghetti western sounding piece of crap. I actually liked Starlight, it certainly rips off ABC'S All of My Dreams in a big way, but the lyrics made it solid and radio friendly. Unfortunately they have gone the balladeer route and stopped pumping the loud bass and channeling the distortion in. They have added way too much synthesiser/keyboards to the mix for my taste. I will however say Madness the new single is kind of catchy.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote