Music Banter - View Single Post - Support War? Support Bush?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 12:27 PM   #145 (permalink)
Pat
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
Not being broadcasted on a private broadcasting station is not a consequence. Kanye West has NO right to be broadcasted by that station, but instead was asked to come in and help for a fundraiser. His feelings which he stated were deemed inappropriate by that station which chose not to air them. It's a PRIVATE broadcast. They can chose what they want to air and what the don't want to air. It's not that hard to understand.
No it is not hard to understand, you are correct. However....it is the half-truth I am talking about, which we came to used to. Regarding the later broadcast (and I don't know what was said) was it mentioned that this is a PART OF the fundraising program? Pobably it was aired as the program. Therefore viewers must believe that this is the entire thing and that all went nice and well. Nobody made comments which people might not like (regardless how close to the truth they might be).
This is where for me the danger lays. Getting served half of what was really going on.
Yes they can broadcast what they like - but then don't sell it to me as the news or information - when things are taken out. Tell me you are giving me an edited movie - and I will know what I get.