Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Not Digging
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #374 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
I think it's also worth mentioning that Neurosis were one of the few metal bands that really mattered during the '90's and also got some mainstream exposure. Through the Silver in Blood shows up on a lot of critics "Best of the '90's" lists and is pretty instrumental in helping to define the post-metal genre. I definitely think ISIS would have had a different sound if that album had not come out and I doubt a decade later Rosetta would have released as ambitious an album as The Galilean Satellites.

While many newer bands have taken massive influence from their material, Neurosis have still managed to remain relevant, which is more than can be said for other bands from a similar time like Fear Factory (a band I still like, but am not afraid to admit they haven't released anything great in years).

A Sun That Never Sets is my favourite album and I think it's damn near perfect. I believe in Neurosis and I'm sure the band will grow over time, if you allow it to.
I think he may want to delve back a little further also. Neurosis sound over time has transformed even from album to album at times. As Jansz said, they're all about dynamics and I always dug their time changes and big heavy sound. I'd say their first four albums are required listening for anyone i'd like to hang out with. So get on it.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote