Music Banter - View Single Post - Salutations
Thread: Salutations
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Crinn
Legalize Homicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Finally, you mentioned you also like classical. So I am wondering how you feel about Prokofiev's "Dance of the Knights." I'm thinking you would like it for its somber power (constrasting with gentler, beautiful sections...like the contrast between darkness and light):
Because I'm a metalhead and listen to very intense music, most of the classical music that I've been attracted to have been Russian symphonies. Full-blown symphonies are what I have a soft-spot for (I love string instruments). Soo stuff like Stravinsky, Beethoven, etc. I'm also a huge fan of Franz Lizt<3 When it comes to Mozart, I'm a sucker for his later works, especially his last five or so symphonies. Most of what I have in my collection is Beethoven because my Dad got me a 10-disc set of his material. I love that video, great song. Although I'm really into classical already, I'm still looking to increase the size of my classical collection. You should create a thread in the classical section and we could swap artists and you could recommend some stuff to me!

http://www.nylon-ice.blogspot.com
Crinn is offline   Reply With Quote