Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beatles vs The Beach Boys
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #552 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^
What`s worse is that the OP was just one done-in-a-hurry line ...

...and now, five years and 500 posts later we are not much the wiser.
The thread doesn`t even have a poll, which might filter out some of the less informative posts ( apologies to newcomer Wqs ) :-

I think a mod with nothing to do should go through this thread and poll every post as a BB or Beatle vote - shouldn`t take more than about four hours.
Well I never intended that this thread would actually ever last as long as it has. It was done-in-a one hurry line because I was just asking for opinions as to what were some of the best personal opinions and the aspects listeners liked concerning each individual band at that particular time. I was not concerned about a poll count because the final result as to who would more than likely win the poll is common knowledge. (I knew that the Beach Boys would never win) Most would just push the vote button anyway without leaving any reply or explanation as to why they made their choice.

You kinda lost me there as to why "after 500 post we are not much the wiser"? And why the apology to newcomer Wqs? For my mistake at starting this thread improperly?

Why dont you go through the thread and collect all the votes cast in the thread Lisnaholic? After all, It was your ideal. I bet the Beatles win the majority of votes.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote