Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Band: 90s Seattle Era.
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 02:38 AM   #803 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
The main reason STP is on the list is because if you watched MTV Videos back in the day during the 90s, STP was always included along with all the others mentioned. They were very much part of the media machine that promoted grunge during that time. They also lasted longer than most of the other Seattle bands during the 90s. (Even if they were from California).

I do agree that STP evolved from their original (debut) grunge style and sound and musically developed a more popular mainstream style later on during the 90s.

These bands mentioned created music mainly in simplistic terms musically. Combining Noise, Chaos, Depressive Lyrics. And very little material from that particular era was very technical musically to say the least.

But after all is said and done by the critics about how awful the grunge era, bands, and genre supposedly are musically. Its nothing more than the exact same ridicule that the Nu-Metal genre also receives as well by critics.

Years ago the Punk genre was looked at in basically the same way. As so is true about countless other genres and styles in past prior years and decades. Not everybody is going to like all the same bands, artist, and genres of music that other listeners do.

I personally don't listen or relate to hard core metal myself but more power to the metal heads that do.
Thanks for coming out of retirement to tell me that, is this just a comeback single or do you plan on making a comeback album?
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History