Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 04:05 AM   #135 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Also Check This Out........
This is an extra album from the same year that I've chosen, that either just missed the final cut, I think could be of interest, or even from a different genre that could be of interest or influence on the hard rock/heavy metal genre.

Hairy Chapter Can’t Get Through 1971 (Bacillus)
Hard Rock-Acid Rock

A German band who only managed to record two albums and who often got categorized under either progressive rock or krautrock for some dubious reason. The fact is, that they were far too raw to ever be considered progressive rock or krautrock. They also came under scathing criticism and one review I recently read, stated that this was a garish and shoddy album highlighted by some terrible singing and playing. Well just imagine a singer that sounds like a very drunk Robert Plant and Ian Gillan and that’ll give you an idea and as for the terrible playing, I would actually call it some great guitar debauchery with some great proto-stoner sounds! The reviewer stated that this album should be avoided at all cost, but I guess he didn’t dig the band’s sloppy harmonica playing and exaggerated guitar riffs either! Personally I think this is a great listen and always brings a smile to my face. The riffs are there and it’s a great example of a proto-metal act just playing out and having a good time. Interestingly enough, the band have garnered something of a cult following over the years, not a huge one but enough to show that they had been greatly under-appreciated at the time. The band only put out two studio albums, this album and the previous Eyes album released the previous year.

If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote