Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wild & Wacky World Of The Middle East
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 05:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newkie View Post
Yeah true, even then though if Iran got involved you can bet the EU and the US would throw off any pretence of neutrality. I think it would take the involvement of Turkey as well as they're probably the most capable of competing with Israel militarily, but they won't get involved unless Israel seriously "goes to town" on the middle east, or endangers its own citizens.

But Turkey would never be an aggressor, there's not the same "empathy" for Palestinians there, not much love lost between the Turks and Arabs in general, and any aggression on Turkey's part would shut the door to entering the E.U.
Now we're hitting on the crux of the situation the wider conflict. Isreal would immediately be supported by the US and the UK would follow suit. The EU's other big players Germany and France might not get involved, enabling some of the EU's lesser lights yet again to follow the UK as with what happened in the Iraq conflict. Turkey I'm certain would side with Isreal and they are NATO members and want to be EU members. The other side of the coin would see a pro Arab league fronted by non-arabs in Iran and automatically backed by Russia.

This is all unlikely to happen to this degree, but it can't be ruled out, but whatever happend Isreal will continue to call the shots in their own backyard and I think a show-down betweeen Isreal and Iran is still on the cards.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote