Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Radiohead Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 06:00 AM   #3885 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Dead View Post
Hello Guys,

I want to share opinions about Radiohead, what bands could be equal to Radiohead?
There were many legendary bands in Rock history, such as the beatles, Stones, Led Zeppelin, The who, Jimi, Metallica, GnR, Nirvana, Coldplay..only joking ;-), anyway you name it and I know the bands you would name....But, this is big BUT!! Radiohead is simply incredible how they've developed MUSICALLY from Pablo Honey to the genius Dance (I mean - Lotus Flower ;-)), it's really interesting to follow the development and found hard to figure out their development because it is nothing like Kill em all to St Anger(well no!..let's say Black Album or Justice for All), most of bands develop(ed) within a sort of our expectation (in a way boring but safeway in the end...however they managed to deliver to the listners good songs in each album(again within our expectation), but Radiohead developed their music not in the same way (ok Pablo Honey and The bends were within our expectation)
so let me know what band could be equal to their path.

PS
I am only interested in finding new band could be like Radiohead....not try to discuss GnR was better than Radiohead or any kind...(I saw GnR twice...whoa...it was soooo GOOOD!! also Radiohead in a small venue in Tokyo(Bends album), AWESOME!!!)
Of course there are so many good bands around also (I like Interpol, Sigur Ros, Afghan Whigs(they are awesome), Sun Kil Moon(Mark Kozelek--you must listen!!this guy is pure genius), and go on and on...)
Looking forward your input for your opinion

Best
What exactly are you looking for here? A band that sounds similar to Radiohead? A band that's evolved a lot over time?
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote