Music Banter - View Single Post - The great hardcore/punk countdown
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

139. Blood Brothers Genre (Post hardcore/screamo/emo), Washington State USA, 90’s/00’s and

North Side Kings Genre (Metallic Hardcore/anti-screamo) pennsylvania USA, 00's

Blood Brothers

I know I said no screamo, but I thought it would be interesting to include a band that was one of the pioneers of the genre, to get a glimpse of how interesting the genre may have become if corporate rock hadn’t gotten a hold of it. Femininity and aggression go good together, and the Blood Brothers exemplified this in their music, unfortunately I think they were just a straw short of brilliance to become a great band.

So not exactly as heavy and bleak sounding as screamo bands like Orchid or Cowboys became folk heroes, as this borders more on indie rock, but still a far cry from crap like Hawthorne Heights.

love rhymes with hideous car wrecks

North Side Kings

Well now that I am here revamping things, I mind as well make it official that I can't get into screamo, and by screamo I mean not just the corporate stuff, but all the good underground stuff as well. I sampled every bit of screamo I could get my hands on and natta, zilch, nothing, so hence I give you the anti screamo.

The bad guy

Glenn Danzig knockout punch

Last edited by William_the_Bloody; 07-24-2013 at 03:47 PM.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote