Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004, 12:36 AM   #131 (permalink)
Yellow Card
Music Addict

Default Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by franscar
Speaking as an outsider from American politics, I'd just like to ask those who supported Bush's actions in Iraq if they think that American soldiers should be sent into the numerous other areas in the world where there are huge human rights issues. Zimbabwe and North Korea for two. North Korea is a proven owner of weapons of mass destruction, the so-called smoking gun, and have been openly hostile to the outside world for close to 50 years, all the while the population of their country is brainwashed and indoctrinated into a culture of hatred against the Americans that Al-Qaeda could only dream of, yet Bush chose to invade Iraq. I have my own personal opinions on why he chose Iraq (black liquid and lots of it) but what do his supporters think of the reasons Bush proposed for the invasion?

No weapons of mass destruction have been found, and as I said earlier, human rights violations are going on all over the world.

OK, Picture yourself as the President of the United States of America, living in a "Post September 11 World."
This means you can no longer wait too take the first punch, because the people delivering the first punch will kill innocent civillians, not in their "1's" or "10's" but in the "1000's" or "1000,000's".
The enemy has said that anyone who does not suuport their extremist views must convert or die.
Ur intelligent services tell you that Saddam posses weapons of mass destruction, the UN agrees but does not know how many he has left. 12 years of UN sanctions have not stopped him. The Director of the CIA tells you 'quote' "Slam Dunk" that Saddam has Weapons of Mass Destruction.
You know that Saddam Hussien has used them against his own people, and would not hesitate too sell them too terrorists.
You are the president and you must decide what to do.....

Too this day America has not directly profited from Iraqi oil, no one has been able to prove otherwise.

Zimbabwe and North Korea are horrible regimes, the UN must act first, but it has not, unlike the case in Iraq. (you cannot compare Iraq and North Korea/ Zimbabwe, this is like comparing apples and oranges)

If America invaded North Korea, they would be unable to pevent North Korea from destroying South Korea.
The president of Zimbabwe is evil, but no where near as bad as Saddam.

Thats all for now.
Yellow Card is offline   Reply With Quote