Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #5277 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circe View Post
Hehe, someone else that actually had a Gamecube? It's such an underrated console. I remember being amazed at how good Starfox Adventures looked on it, a feeling that I certainly don't get that often with the "wow, it's so brown" current gen that often.
I still have my Gamecube plugged into the TV and even bought a wireless controller so I could continue my hedonistic gaming lifestyle the current generation consoles have allowed me to live. I actually think the Gamecube had pretty decent graphical range, especially in games like Resident Evil 4 or the 2002 remake of Resident Evil. It also gave us probably the best Zelda game after Majora's Mask with Wind Waker, as well as an interesting take on Mario with Mario Sunshine where you have that weird water pistol thing, and then there was Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door. Then there were some pretty good third party games as well like Viewtiful Joe, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes.

Anyhow I'm going to be playing this over the holiday weekend.

Way of the Samurai (2002)

I remember looking at this one at the store quite a bit, but never working up the energy to actually pick it up. It's a third-person action/adventure game where you play a Ronin wandering the countryside and choosing to help people or not. The cool thing about it is that it follows the same system that those old "Choose Your Own Adventure" books followed and can allow multiple solutions, but you can't go back and change them if you feel like it, which I think is pretty cool because it adds tot he replay value. Oh and by multiple solutions, one solution could be to just walk away from a character who's talking to you, rather than choosing between three dialog options like we have now in most games. The combat looks cool too, and reminds me of the EA developed Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers game that came out 10-years ago with light attacks, heavy attacks, parries, blocks, and kicks.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote