Music Banter - View Single Post - Jay-Z vs. Nas
Thread: Jay-Z vs. Nas
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 08:48 AM   #68 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Nato View Post
I've always liked Jay Z better, but honestly this is sort of like comparing 2 completely different aspects...Jay Z is based more on business while Nas is more indulged into the true culture of hip hop. It's almost like 2 different views of NYC rap, but honestly I've always been way more of a Jay Z fan just due to his delivery, wordplay, and consistency. Growth is important too, Nas has been kind of stagnant in my opinion, Jay Z has grown & moved with the times!
How can you think Jay-Z is better musically when you admit he is more concerned about business?

Nas hasn't been stagnant either, Illmatic, It Was Written, Stillmatic, I Am, God's Son, Hip Hop is Dead, The Lost Tapes and Life is Good are all good albums, some of them are great. The rest (ones I haven't listed) are either average or just not very good.

Jay-Z in my opinion has 1 good album, a couple of average ones and the rest are terrible. You've just rattled off a load of cliche's there about consistency. The only way Jay-Z has grown is by adapting to contemporary trends purely to sell music. And he just dickrides whoever is the flavour of the month.

Jay-Z's music is unimaginitive, unthreatening and 100% vanilla.

Last edited by Cuthbert; 11-22-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote