Music Banter - View Single Post - The world's worst movies
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #35 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen13 View Post
So bad that it's hilarious under the right circumstances.

I love the classic B-Films, Exploitation/Grindhouse flicks, Drive In shows, and Late Night Horror-thons.

I even have tons of notes about many of the Distribution companies of the 60's and 70's as well. A huge interest, along with Martial Arts spectacles.

A Worst Movie has to be boring, soulless, and very cut and paste. Most of the stuff I watch is at least jaw dropping crazy.
Yeah but I think of movies like that as more mediocre, and I think that's an even worse sin than being bad. Like I have no problem admitting that Troll 2 is a bad movie, but despite that the actors tough it out and that gives it an enduring quality, couple that with the hilarious dialog and acting and you have a pretty watchable movie. Conversely, take a movie like Transformers 1, 2 or 3 and you have a watchable movie, but it's incredibly soulless, littered with product placements, and very generic. I think this is why people can be so hard on those types of movies, because they have the financial backing to be interesting movies, but in an attempt to appeal to the widest possible audience, the film is robbed of anything to say because it's been so diluted.

I dunno, I mean I can see how comparing Troll 2 to Transformers: Take Your Pick is kind of a strawman's argument, but I strongly feel that, while both movies are awful, at least Troll 2 is memorable in its horribleness, whereas the latter is just... totally forgetful, to the point where I stopped thinking about it the moment I left the theater.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote