Music Banter - View Single Post - The 2012 Music Banter User Awards: CATEGORIES
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #68 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Am I alone in thinking that perhaps we have an AWFUL lot of categories?

I think a few could deserve to be pruned, tbh...

Most Enigmatic seems to me to be too vague of an idea to have an award over, for one. And while negative awards can be a joke, and positive awards an achievement, I don't really see why anyone would have any emotional response to winning something like this. Its the kind of award that makes me think we should have a thread, maybe in Editor's pick, where people can request that a member talks about themselves and tells us what they're all about. That way we can accomplish what this award accomplishes year-round - We can find out more about someone!

I move to strike this award from the record, and in its place, erect (You there at the back, stop snickering) a thread in editors pick where people submit requests for people to talk about themselves. The request posts would never be approved (similar to the avatar request thread), but they'd be seen, and a mod could PM the subject of the request with info that they've been nominated to participate in that thread. Subsequently their post COULD/WOULD be approved and form part of a thread wherein members give us info about themselves, without having to commit to a personal journal.

Biggest Contributor/Member Of the Year - Are these not practically the same award? I don't imagine anyone wins Member of the Year without being a massive contributor to the forums. I say we roll these into one. I know there are differences between the two, but mainly they're that "Contributor" makes people think of threadstarters and moderators, people who contribute in some semi-officious manner, whereas Member of the Year allows simply for people who want to vote for their favourite person.

Anyone else agree? I think with us potentially adding a lot of new awards (it seems), we could definitely do with pruning down or re-thinking some of the existing awards. Otherwise we're going to end up with 3 pages of awards to give out, and people already mostly submit partially complete voting forms anyway!
I agree with these two suggestions.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)