Music Banter - View Single Post - never liked music? help plz?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4ckofspades View Post
i want to start off by saying that im serious and have yet to find an answer besides the spiels i start off with. and it would be huge if i could get a legitimate answer. thank you

I have heard the "you havnt heard the right music yet... or youll like music one day just wait." spiel hundreds of times ever since i was a little kid. i got an ipod for my birthday when i was 10 and havent touched it after the first day i got it. friends will show me songs and i dont care for the song, but i like watching the music videos. when ever people turn on music it annoys me and stresses my brain to the point that i want to claw my face off. my parents got mad and yelled at me for expressing my stress for music and they continue to play it loud or quiet. i have never had an emotional interest in music for as long as i can remember and have no desire to listen to it or buy it. im fine with music in games or movies because its part of the thing but outside of that i just find that it aggravates me, no matter the genre of music. if music dissapeared off the face of the earth it would take me a wile to realize it was gone. IF ANYONE COULD FIND A MEDICAL EXPLANATION FOR THIS IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, i have searched for a while but could never find an answer. im tired of people telling me the spiels that i stated, and people looking at me like im crazy for not caring about music at all. BTW IM NOT DEAF
What kind of music have you tried?
In general, what kind of things elicit a positive emotional response from you?
In general, what kind of things elicit a negative emotional response from you?
Would you consider yourself normal in most aspects?
Do you have any particular hangups that you can't get past? If so, what are they?
Have you had any traumatic experiences growing up?
Can you whistle a tune to mimic the original, and have it confirmed to be generally correct by a third party?
Etc...

Obviously, we'd need to know more information than you've provided. Even then, the best we could offer is an assumption based on whatever evidence you provide.