Music Banter - View Single Post - The great hardcore/punk countdown
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #21 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarobbarg View Post
I'm all for sarcastic trolling and all, but that was a bit over the line.

Personally, William, I think your thread is just fine, and I'm enjoying reading the little bit you have about each band. Carry on, sir.
Thanks Blarobbarg, the above doesn't really bother me, I was on hear a couple of years back and could dish it out as good as I could take it, but I find exchanging insults in cyberspace pointless, and who knows..maby I was a roadie for my boyfriends, lol, there is nothing wrong with being gay in my books, I hope he feels the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarobbarg View Post
I think he's just going for bands related to hardcore in one way or another, and since death and grindcore are related, he's writing a little bit about bands in those genres as well.
You are right about my list being bands related to hardcore in one way or another. The lines between punk & metal have become more blurred than they were say back in the early 80's. Grindcore came out of the British punk scene, (Napalm Death/Extreme Noise Terror) and Crossover Thrash the American punk scene (D.R.I. /Suicidal Tendencies) as well as mathcore & metalcore with bands like Converge & Parkway Drive. One could even argue that bands like Black Flag & Discharge were influenced by as much as Black Sabbath or Motorhead than they were Iggy & the Sex Pistols. I don't mind retro hardcore bands like the Casualties, but the show must go on, things must progress. The list is as light as the Ramones and as heavy as ENT & beyond.

Overall I don't really care what people think of my list. All I care about is that somebody out there who has never been exposed to much hardcore, may type in a band and come across this webpage called music banter, go what's this, and get a whole lot of good related music.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote